- CharityStorage.org aims to:
- 1.Provide storage facility operators ("Operators") a platform to establish and advertise the sale of charity storage unit(s) at a public auction.
- 2.Enable individuals and companies ("Donors") to both donate goods or money and search for charity storage units to purchase at a public auction.
- To enrich our members' experience, we request and display some personal information to other members and visitors. This allows CharityStorage users to identify each other and expand their network of people. CharityStorage members can change their profile information at any time as well as control how other members and the service communicates with them.
- Information Collection and Use by CharityStorage.org
CharityStorage.org collects user submitted information such as name, email address, and age to authenticate users and to send notifications relating to the CharityStorage.org service. CharityStorage.org also collects other profile data, including but not limited to: personal/societal interests, gender, age, education and occupation, in order to assist users in finding and communicating with each other.
- CharityStorage.org also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the website, track usage and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
- User Profile information including members' pictures and first names are displayed to people in order to facilitate user interaction in the CharityStorage.org social networking community. Email addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new people to join CharityStorage, to add users to members' networks, and to send notifications related to the service. With the exception of inviting people, adding people, and sending notifications, a user's email address is not shared or displayed to people within a user's personal network. Users within a personal network communicate on CharityStorage.org with each other through the CharityStorage.org service, without disclosing their email addresses. Users' full names are never directly revealed to other members. To facilitate searching for and finding people and acquaintances on the service, CharityStorage.org allows users to search for other members by first and last name, email address, and schools/companies users have attended or worked at.
- We may also use a user's email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the service. Users may choose not to receive such emails by changing their "Notification" setting to "Do not send me notification emails" in the user "Account Settings."
- From time to time, CharityStorage.org or a partner, may sponsor a societal cause or contest on CharityStorage.org. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. At the point of collection it will be clear who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members
CharityStorage members can invite people to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. CharityStorage.org stores the email addresses that members provide so respondents may be added to the inviter's friends list. CharityStorage.org also sends invitation reminders (up to three (3) per email address). CharityStorage.org does not otherwise use or sell such email addresses. CharityStorage invitees may contact CharityStorage.org to request the removal of their information from our database.
- CharityStorage members may also store email addresses of people they know in their internal CharityStorage address book and may also choose to send invitations and other communications to those addresses. You may avoid receiving CharityStorage.org email messages and invitations by sending an email, from the account you wish to block, with the subject "BLOCK" to privacy@CharityStorage.org. Please note that the email must come from the account you wish to block.
- Access and Interference
Much of the information on the sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to CharityStorage.org by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the sites for any purpose without our express hand written permission.
- Additionally, you agree that you will not: 1) take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; 2) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from the sites without the prior express written permission of eBay and the appropriate third party, as applicable; 3) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the sites, services or tools, or any activities conducted on or with the sites, services or tools; or 4) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the sites.
- Chat Rooms, Journals and WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Journals, WebLogs, Message Boards, Classifieds or any other Public Forums, that information can be accessed by the public, and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications
- Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
CharityStorage.org users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info.
- Email Choice/Opt-out
Members who no longer wish to receive updates or notifications may choose not to by selecting "Do not send me notification emails" in the user profile "Account Settings." Users who do not wish to receive CharityStorage.org newsletters may choose not to by selecting "Do not send me CharityStorage newsletters" in the user profile "Account Settings." All notification emails and CharityStorage.org newsletters also include the above instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
- Third Party Advertising
CharityStorage.org member accounts are secured by member-created passwords CharityStorage.org takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on CharityStorage.org, please contact us a privacy@CharityStorage.org.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information CharityStorage.org Collects
- Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at: privacy@CharityStorage.org (500 Damonte Ranch Pkwy #1008, Reno, NV 89521).
- Rev. 8/11